Thursday, November 09, 2006

The Fritz



Well, there's another side of me that many people do not know about . . . but yes, I am a band guy as well as an artist. That's me playing guitar. I've been playing in bands since I was 16, been in many bands, have toured, played festivals, recorded a few albums, did it all. I took a break from it all for about 3 years or so, but got back into it last spring. My new band is called The Fritz, it's by far the best band I've ever been in, and the most fun I've ever had playing in a band, and the best part, it's just for fun, no pressure, as of yet anyways. If you like the Pixies, The Strokes, OK GO, or Divo, The Fritz is up your alley. We will be recording a full length album hopefully sometime in the next couple months, so if anyone is interested, I will direct you to the record labels site and you will be able to buy a CD through them, but don't expect anything for sometime.

6 Comments:

Blogger Mette said...

Now this sounds interesting. I love all four bands you mentioned, so I'm guessing I'll like yours. Let me know when some songs are available. :)

gee.. what do you not do. I find it hard doing my doodles between work and sleep, and then I see all the things you accomplish in a day. I'm gonna figure out how you do it, and start doing it myself.

Take care. :)

3:44 PM  
Blogger Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

i like bands that don't dress like sissies, doesn't look like you guys dress like sissies. we should trade tapes sometime, i played in shitty bands for a long time, maybe you've heard of my last band....... the "12 gauge blues"...(i really f**king doubt it, unless you listened to st.louis community radio at 2 a.m. on sunday mornings in the late 90's and early aughts on select winter nights)...music is a great way to deal with latent agression

take care
jer

12:54 AM  
Blogger SEILER said...

I don't know how I do it either? We only practice once a week, or play a show once a week, we'll travel a bit in the summer, but for the most part we're layed back. As far as dressing like sissies, we're mostly a blue colar rock and roll band, no sissies here!

8:35 AM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Awesome! I played in a band too a few years ago. Nothing like playing a live show! Make sure to put a sample mp3 up when/if you got one.

4:53 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Will do, might be able to do that soon.

4:56 PM  
Blogger Larry Seiler said...

Jason is being very humble here too when he says he's played in some bands...

Always interested in new projects outdoing past things...Jason sometimes seems even embarrassed about the past, but one band he was in was nominated a number of years ago at the Grammy's in its own unique category. Best hard band best hard song...and a band he was in more recently would scare the dickens out of many a parent and pretty boy band.

Nope...no sissies!! The kids got talent...and this one will not disappoint, I'm confident of it!

(no bias here...)

love the picture Jason...!!!

3:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners