Wednesday, February 21, 2007

Elvis of the Dead!



This is just a quick little 2" thumbnail sketch, drawn in about 10 minutes or so . . . working on a spoof cover of sorts based off the old classic "Famous Monsters of Filmland" magazines. It's for a small film festival held in Southern Illinois called "The Imaginarium". This years theme is 50's cool and monsters . . . the final will be a Zombie-like Elvis painted in oils and may have a retro look to it, I'm still developing ideas and color themes, will post more as soon as I can.

Also, my illustration for the Marx Brother's book is coming along nicely, I've been saving stages so I can post everything for you to see . . . when the time is right!

Take care,
-Jason

9 Comments:

Blogger Nelson Santos said...

Great sketch Jason i already smell the paint on it!

all the best.
nELSÖN!
Caricaturas.blogspot.com

1:17 PM  
Blogger Ryan Wood said...

Hah, that undead Elvis rules! Stellar work here Mr. Seiler, hats off to ya.

8:38 PM  
Blogger Marco Bucci said...

Nice stuff again. The design for this zombie elvis is really working. Something tells me you could push the 'dead' part just a BIT more, but that would just be plussing something that's already working.

10:40 PM  
Blogger SEILER said...

Thanks a lot guys! I could push the dead part a bit and was planning to do so in the painting process, however not too much as I was told it's more important that he's more Elvis than Zombie . . . it's for a client.

I'm finishing up Harpo and starting another cover for a magazine in Kansas . . . it's due next Thursday so hopefully by next week I'll have some of my Elvis to show?

8:07 AM  
Blogger Gon said...

The King is alive!.. nice sketch Jason

3:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Zombie Elvis... what's not love?

6:04 PM  
Blogger Chris Wahl said...

I can just imagine that hip-gyrating, zombie shuffle.

Looking forward to seeing it progress.

9:05 AM  
Blogger Chloe Cumming said...

This is blooming great... I'm so glad I found your blog. Hello! Yay!

9:16 AM  
Blogger L. A. Stern said...

Gosh, there is something truly beautiful and compelling in this sketch. I look forward to seeing the final.

10:30 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners