Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Jert Palette Knife Extravaganza!





This is a painting I did last week at the ISCA convention of my pal Jert. Jert is one of the coolest guys I've met. I love this guy, super funny, great artist, good taste in music, and just an all in all good guy! He did a great drawing of me last year, one of the best likenesses of me and by far the funniest! So this year I wanted to do a painting of him . . . it was a bit challenging, because Jert has been drawn by everyone, so it was hard to come up with something new. So I decided to do something I've always wanted to try and that was painting with a palette knife. I blocked the painting in with brushes and then finished it off with a palette knife. It was a fun experiment, and I'd definitely like to experiment with that technique a lot more . . . develop it a bit more.

14 Comments:

Blogger Manoj Sinha said...

Nice experiment. Both Jert and painting looking cool.Waiting for more news about ISCA.

10:12 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool.

I should experiment more. When I get to playing around I always feel a little guilty for not being more productive, but I remind myself it's all towards the same basic goal of improving my work.

10:37 PM  
Blogger RobCarey said...

Absolutely love it.

12:37 AM  
Blogger Jeremy Townsend (JERT) said...

looks evn better in person.....thanks for the painting seiler!!!

1:30 AM  
Blogger A. Riabovitchev said...

I adore this kind of style Jason!Develop it!:o)

4:00 AM  
Blogger Patrick Strogulski said...

Strong piece, very expressive !

4:10 AM  
Blogger Jörn said...

Yes, very expressive style. Looks brutal and makes him delighted:)
Would be interesting to see the picture he did of you.

4:56 AM  
Blogger Eric Zampieri said...

Cool! I was waiting for some more loose from your hand, more rough.
At last! You do this extremly nice!

6:20 AM  
Blogger Thomas Fluharty said...

BEAUTIFUL, love it~T

8:41 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yes! I did want to see this one bigger on the previous post!

Is very nice i love the fresh strokes over that strong drawing!

8:53 AM  
Blogger Jesse Winchester said...

Sick!

6:06 PM  
Blogger agasol said...

Oil,Acrylics ou digital??

6:04 AM  
Blogger INK AND DESTROY said...

Ha! Dude! That is soooo brutally awesome!!! Love that dude!

2:08 PM  
Blogger Bob Fingerman said...

Really vital piece of work.

5:42 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners