Tuesday, September 06, 2011

Meth-head gouache study



40 minute gouache study


A weird coincidence of sorts . . . . I did this quick gouache study a couple months ago. I googled "Meth Heads" as I thought that would be fun to paint. This girls image popped up that was perfect for what I wanted to paint. Turns out Jenny Saville has also done a painting based on this same exact picture. Weird. As I have mentioned, Jenny Saville is one of my favorite painters, but I had no idea she also painted this person. So, my little study is not a study of Saville's painting, but rather a study I did based of the same reference, not knowing Saville had also painted her. It's interesting to see the similarities. I caricatured mine more though. :)

3 Comments:

Blogger Marco Bucci said...

awesome dude!! The brushwork oozes with confidence.

9:21 PM  
Blogger Fitzzz said...

Checked out Jenny's version and yours, both awesome!

4:59 AM  
Anonymous cara cepat menurunkan kolesterol dan trigliserida tinggi said...

i'm like for website after reading all in the page

cara alami menyembuhkan campak

3:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

All artwork © JasonSeiler 2006 unless otherwise stated. All characters are copyright to their respective owners